Friday, November 23, 2007

The Very First Thanksgiving

I thought it might be fun to spice up the same old Munley Family Thanksgiving dinner by playing a little dress-up.
I also thought Buddy and I could re-enact the first Thanksgiving. I mean all he had to do was show up. I played Pocahontas, who probably did all the work anyway.
Well, we tried but the whole scene went straight to hell cause I'm pretty sure Pocahontas didn't get drunk on Spanish Wine and the pilgrims probably didn't retreat to a corner to chew on an old sock. Sometimes Buddy is useless. Usually when we do scene studies together he's totally the leader. A visionary even. Like that one time we re-enacted one of the Legolas vs. Orcs scenes from Lord of the Rings in the backyard; we were right in the middle and he chased a squirrel into the bushes. Or so I thought. I had to eat my words when it was revealed he was just taking a little artistic liberties and portraying, symbolically, the Orc overcoming his own fear of mortality. I guess I maybe I didn't get it cause Legolas is an elf and I think they live forever, unless murdered. Plus it would have been much more obvious had he not stopped for a twosie by the magnolia tree.
So I wouldn't exactly say Buddy "ruined" thanksgiving, but he defintely didn't add to the enjoyment.

1 comment:

eggmouth said...

checkin in on my fav-o-blog... I'm going to wait in this comment box until another blog post appears.

man.. it's lonely in here.

and cold.
so cold.

wait... does this box have air?

changed my mind- where's the exit?!
can't... breathe!

last words.. coming..

Sarah, write another blog before you kill again.

(thud)

-b ("-b" typed with two final strokes finger charged with death adrenaline)